Sunday, January 7, 2018
Posted by Sue Susman at Sunday, January 07, 2018
Saturday, December 30, 2017
New York Times: At least 12 die in deadly
Daily News: NYCHA flooded with tenant
Daily News: NYCHA moved families with
Daily News: De Blasio insists that NYCHA
New York Times: Federal appeals court gives
Daily News: De Blasio holds private meeting
Sunday, December 24, 2017
Monday, December 11, 2017
Join Met Council on Housing, Real Rent Reform Campaign, Tenants & Neighbors, Upstate/Downstate Alliance & many other organizations at a
Housing Justice Town Hall on State Housing Policies
Governor Andrew Cuomo is invited!
- When: Wednesday, December 13, 6:30PM – 8:30PM
- Where: First Bethel AME Church (60 West 132nd Street, #2/3 Subway to 135th Street & Lenox Avenue)
Governor Cuomo is going back to Albany in January, and we demand that he make housing justice a TOP priority for the 2018 Legislative Session!
We demand that, in the 2018 budget, the Governor:
- Strengthen rent laws by reforming preferential rents and eliminating the vacancy allowance;
- Fully fund NYCHA and Upstate Housing Authorities;
- Pass statewide source of income discrimination protections;
- Fund supportive housing and home stability support statewide; and
- Generate revenue through the millionaire's tax
It is urgent that ALL NEW YORKERS unite to maintain affordable housing statewide!