Governor Cuomo offered some good things in his 2016 State of the State speech such as
- $20 billion for affordable housing statewide including
- 100,000 new affordable homes. (The governor did not mention that leaving "vacancy decontrol" in place will result in the loss of at least 100,000 affordable apartments.)
- 20,000 supportive units for the homeless. (Mayor de Blasio promised to build 15,000, bringing the total to the 35,000 that advocates say is needed.)
- $15 minimum wage by the end of 2018
- 12-week family leave (paid for by the employee over time)
- NYC & NYS Comptrollers to oversee homeless shelters and put in receivership those that don't meet standards
- Closing the "LLC" (Limited Liability Corp.) loophole that lets the LLC for each building owned by a landlord contribute as much ($150,000/year) as do individuals to politicians.